SSI include infinite loop

eagle sbc sbc19861004 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 06:49:45 MSD 2011

Hello,

I've encountered a problem about "SSI include infinite loop".

We have a system that our editors can compose a html page from some
templates using SSI. Sometimes unwarily combination will cause infinite
loop, such as 'A include A', 'A include B, B include A', or even 'A include
B, B include C, C include A'. And this page will cause nginx eating up all
memories, and certainly won't serve any more unless we restart nginx.

I'm wondering is there any solution for this problem? Or other ways to avoid
this?

I've googled apache and lighttpd, and there also no official solution for
this, unless lightptd has a patch which will limit the whole 'include'
count, and I think it's just a tricky way to fix the infinite loop.

Thanks a lot for any help!

--
自由是我生命之基石,尊重是我行为之准绳
也许我以千百种方式生活在这世上,但我坚守我人生之信仰