cache large static files in memory

drmetal nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed May 25 01:14:02 MSD 2011

Thanks for the answer but this doesn't answer my question. Obviously I
have shared RAM. My question was, does linux store frequently used files
in RAM ? Because this is usually reported in the free -m command
output.

But in the case of OpenVZ VPS I see nothing (0) in the cached and
buffers column.

I researched a little, the system caches files, they are just not
reported.