Configuring phpmyadmin

Chris caldcv at gmail.com
Wed May 25 03:15:26 MSD 2011

Post your /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ files and also, keeping phpmyadmin
on a public directory is bad since bots / scripts automatically scan
for that in URLs. Restrict it with .htaccess if you want to keep
phpmyadmin as the directory name or change it to something like
"fuzzykittens" to hide it.

On 5/24/11, Trazzt <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed Debian 6.0.1a Squeeze with Nginx and phpmyadmin
> When I go to 'http://localhost' phpmyadmin pops up.
> What I want is that phpmyadmin is located at
> 'http://localhost/phpmyadmin/'
>
> I already tried to add this in nginx.conf. It didn't work
>
> location /phpmyadmin {
> alias /usr/share/phpmyadmin/;
> }
>
> This is what my nginx.conf looks like:
>
> _____________________________________
> user www-data;
> worker_processes  1;
>
> error_log  /var/log/nginx/error.log;
> pid        /var/run/nginx.pid;
>
> events {
>     worker_connections  1024;
>     # multi_accept on;
> }
>
> http {
>     include       /etc/nginx/mime.types;
>
>     access_log  /var/log/nginx/access.log;
>
>     sendfile        on;
>     #tcp_nopush     on;
>
>     #keepalive_timeout  0;
>     keepalive_timeout  65;
>     tcp_nodelay        on;
>
>     gzip  on;
>     gzip_disable "MSIE [1-6]\.(?!.*SV1)";
>
>     include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
>     include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;
> }
>
> Can anybody help me configuring this the right way?
>
> Posted at Nginx Forum:
> http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,200488,200488#msg-200488

--C

"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to
be when you kill them." - Sir William Clayton