nginx serving old version of CSS file - SOLVED(ish)

John Moore grails at jmsd.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 09:35:25 UTC 2011

On 21/11/11 05:30, Joshua Zhu wrote:

> Did you turn on open_file_cache in your configuration? It's buggy.

No, I didn't. I actually made no change to the configuration other than
adding the virtual host.

I have, for the moment, solved the problem by moving the root to a
different location, with the result that the CSS is now served fine. I
think it must be to do with a bug in VirtualBox, which I have been using
to provide virtualization. I have a Linux virtual machine running under
Windows 7. I had moved the virtual host's root to a folder shared from
the host, so I could work on the website under Windows 7 (and have it
served by a Linux server). I think there must be a bug in the shared
folder functionality in the version of VirtualBox I'm using.