Disable buffering/caching of HTTP PUT upload requests in nginx proxy

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Wed Nov 23 19:11:03 UTC 2011

Hello,

During the upcoming days I'm going to try to implement a feature in nginx proxy
that allows disabling local disk buffering/caching of HTTP PUT upload requests,
e.g. allow directly stream the uploads to the backend server.

Right now I'm having problems because nginx proxy stores all the uploads temporarily
to the nginx server local disk, and thus fills up the disk when big files are being uploaded.

If someone has comments/ideas about this, feel free to write to me.
I'm currently in the process of getting familiar with nginx code
and the request 'flow' inside nginx.

I'll let you know how it goes :)

Thanks,

-- Pasi