same config for two virtual hosts (except hostname / certificate)

Gelonida N gelonida at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 22:23:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm still a little shaky with how to best structure my nginx
configurations and where one can / should use includes and where one
couldn't.

somehow I like the idea of a directory structure like

/etc/nginx/  # for basic files / certificates / . . .
/etc/nginx/sites-available # the available configs
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled  # the sites, that shall really be started

Now I have two sites (ssl which should share exactly the same config
(except the host name and the server certificate)
the first one would be for example server_1.mysite.net
the other server_2.mysite.net:4433

Of course both would need their own certificate and host name.

What would be the recommended way for such a setup?

thanks in advance for any feedback