upload module parameters issue

Andrew Hammond andrew.george.hammond at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 20:49:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 05:35:05PM -0700, Andrew Hammond wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> > Thanks very much, that really helped!
>
> > > Note that "resumable" can apply to a single file, without any
> > > $upload_field_name set, so you'll get things like "_name" and
> > > "_content_type" in your final post content.
> >
> > What would be the right way to get the $upload_field_name populated?
> > Or should I even worry about that? I don't imagine that my usage will
> > care about it (I'm going to be including the module and uploading a
> > single file at a time), however I'd like the library code to not suck
> > too much for the next guy.
>
> I'd say "don't worry about it".

Done. I refactored the code to clean it up a little and correct that overlap
bug. It's on github and can be forked if anyone wants to go further.

My last (I think) issue is that I'm seeing most, but not all of the upload
form fields get set. The sha1, md5 and crc32 aggregates below are blanks.

request.POST <QueryDict: {
u'upload_name': [u'py_lightweight_uploader.py'],
u'upload_size': [u'11345'],
u'upload_sha1': [u''],
u'upload_content_type': [u'text/x-python'],
u'upload_path': [u'/var/lib/nginx/resumable_download/7/64565707'],
u'upload_md5': [u''],
u'upload_crc32': [u'']}>

I see that libssl is installed on the server. I don't see any entries in the
error log that would make me think there is anything failing here. I have
the following in the nginx config:

upload_set_form_field upload_name $upload_file_name;
upload_set_form_field upload_content_type $upload_content_type;
upload_set_form_field upload_path $upload_tmp_path;
upload_aggregate_form_field upload_sha1 $upload_file_sha1;
upload_aggregate_form_field upload_size $upload_file_size;
upload_aggregate_form_field upload_crc32 $upload_file_crc32;
upload_aggregate_form_field upload_md5 $upload_file_md5;

I based the above on the documentation and example config. What am I missing
here?

Andrew