Passing variables via passenger_set_cgi_param

dhaval deshpande lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Oct 5 01:28:06 UTC 2011

Hi,
    My nginx location configuration looks like this

    location ~* ^/z/(\d+)$ {
                set $mID $1;
                set $tag_type 'z';

                access_log  /opt/nginx/logs/bright_tag.log
bright_tag_log;
                if ($arg_uid ~* '.+') {
                        access_log  /opt/nginx/logs/product_uid.log
prod_log;
                }

                if ($arg_orderNumber ~* '.+') {
                        access_log  /opt/nginx/logs/conversion.log
conv_log;
                }

                if ($arg_prodID ~* '.+') {
                        access_log  /opt/nginx/logs/product_uid.log
prod_log;
                }

                root html/bright_tag/public;
                passenger_enabled on;
                passenger_set_cgi_param UID $uid_set$uid_got;
        }

When I hit the uri /z/123, I am able to access UID parameter in my
sinatra  application. But when I hit this uri /z/123?prodID=25, Nginx
does not pass UID parameter to my application. I googled around for a
while about this issue but everything was in vain. Can anyone give some
suggestions regarding this?

Thanks,
Dhaval.