[ANN] ngx_openresty 1.0.6.22 released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 05:17:34 UTC 2011

Hi, folks!

I'm happy to announce that the stable release of ngx_openresty, 1.0.6.22,
has just been released:

   http://openresty.org/#Download

Here goes the complete change log for this release, as compared to the last
stable release, 1.0.6.12:

   - added new option -jN (e.g., -j8, -j10, and etc.) to OpenResty's
   ./configure script to allow parallel build of the dependencies like
   LuaJIT; thanks @Lance.

   - upgraded LuaNginxModule to v0.3.1rc8.
      - exposes the CRC-32 API of the Nginx core to the Lua land, in the
      form of the ngx.crc32_short and ngx.crc32_long methods. thanks @Lance.
      - now ngx.exec() supports lua table as the second args argument value.
      thanks sexybabes.
      - implemented the ngx.headers_sent API to check if response headers
      are sent (by ngx_lua). thanks @hugozhu.
      - now we also return the Last-Modified header (if any) for the
      subrequest response object. thanks @cyberty and sexybabes.
      - fixed an issue in ngx.redirect, ngx.exit, and ngx.exec: these
      function calls would be intercepted by Lua pcall/xpcall because they
      used lua exceptions; now they use lua yield just as
      ngx.location.capture. thanks @hugozhu for reporting this.

OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application server by
bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx
modules<http://wiki.nginx.org/3rdPartyModules>,
as well as most of their external dependencies.

By taking adantage of various well-designed Nginx modules, OpenResty
effectively turns the nginx server into a powerful web app server, in which
the web developers can use the Lua programming language to script various
existing nginx C modules and Lua modules and construct extremely
high-performance web applications that is capable to handle 10K+
connections.

OpenResty aims to run your server-side web app completely in the Nginx
server, leveraging Nginx's event model to do non-blocking I/O not only with
the HTTP clients, but also with remote backends like MySQL, PostgreSQL,
Memcached, and Redis.

You can find more details on the homepage of ngx_openresty here:

    http://openresty.org

Have fun!
-agentzh