nginx doesn't accept new connection

mrkissinger nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Oct 14 07:16:39 UTC 2011

Hi there,
  I am using nginx as a reverse proxy on a Debian Linux.

  The nginx is running on server A, and apache is running on server B.
  Server A is a pure proxy, server B is the real web server.

  In most of time, nginx works well.
  But the HTTP port (80) will stop accepting new connection sometimes.
  When it happened, I tried to telnet port 80 from the server by "telnet
localhost 80", the telnet was just keeping trying but cannot make socket
connection.

  I checked the total HTTP connections by "netstat -an | grep 80 | wc
-l", the number was always less than 2000.

  I am using nginx package from Debian Linux, the package was installed
by apt-get.
  I added "ulimit -n 65535" into /etc/init.d/nginx to turned the "open
files" limitation.

  The problem is not resolved yet. Can anyone help?

  Thanks.

Hyacinth

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,216681,216681#msg-216681