So is "rewrite_by_lua" also evil?

Eugaia ngx.eugaia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:01:39 UTC 2011

On 13/10/2011 07:55, agentzh wrote:
> Well, I still believe it is a bug in ngx_http_named_location function
> in the nginx core. The thumb of rule is to avoid using named locations
> like @proxy but use normal locations configured with the "internal"
> directive. And we've been keeping doing this in our production apps.
In some situations it's probably the desired effect to reset the
contexts, but not all.  There are multiple situations in modules I've
developed / am developing where resetting contexts would be highly
undesirable and would break the code.  I would say it should probably
just be left up to the modules to reset their own contexts if they need
to (as is the case now), or to just define multiple modules which would
use different contexts anyway.

Marcus.