ngx_lua location capture issue

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 02:33:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Nginx User <nginx at nginxuser.net> wrote:
>        location /test_loc {
>                internal;
>                alias /usr/share/test_loc/;
>                rewrite_by_lua 'ngx.exec("@proxy");';

Could you please try using content_by_lua here instead of
rewrite_by_lua? I want to confirm that it is indeed a bug in
rewrite_by_lua rather than content_by_lua :)

>        }
>        location / {
>                try_files $uri $uri/ @proxy;
>        }
>        location ~ .+\.php$ {
>                location ~ ^/test_page\.php$ {
>                        rewrite_by_lua 'ngx.exec("@checkpoint");';

Same here :)

> Result is "the http output chain is empty while connecting to
> upstream" blah blah blah and output is equivalent to issuing "return
> 444". http://pastebin.com/7WisVBDU

Thanks for the debug log. It helped a lot :)

> Any tips on fixing?

Please try content_by_lua instead of rewrite_by_lua to call
ngx.exec(). It can help me fix the issue here :)

Thanks for the report!
-agenzh