Highest requests per second - what is considered top performance?

Brian Akins brian at akins.org
Sun Oct 23 17:15:09 UTC 2011

On Oct 22, 2011, at 10:40 PM, iberkner wrote:

> What is considered top performance for a single box / instance?

I've seen 200k+ requests/second on a smaller box than you have.

Usually, your testing tool is the bottle neck.

I usually run one nginx worker per CPU core.  Not sure why more than 5 wouldn't improve performance, the processes are generally independent.

Make sure you are using buffered access logs (if using them) and you have worker_rlimit_nofile set high (like 256k).