NFS 0-byte problem

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Oct 31 00:47:57 UTC 2011

Hello!

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 09:59:43PM -0400, kernelheaders wrote:

> Brian Akins Wrote:
> > On Oct 28, 2011, at 9:18 PM, kernelheaders wrote:
> >

> > > We're using 12 x 600 GB SAS 15K Hard drives on
> > NetApp storage, so
> > > storage I/O operations very fast. But my problem
> > is not speed .
> > >

> > The cache is expected to be used only by a single
> > nginx instance.  Sharing it will not work. The
> > cache is made up of the cache directory, temp
> > files, and shared memory.
> >
> > If you really need shared cache as well, then look
> > into using memc with srcache modules.
>
> Can you please explain why only one distance ? If you have same cachekey
> and structure , cache work all intance even remote locations .
> And system works well , sometimes and some servers occurs problem .

As Brian already wrote, nginx currently doesn't allow sharing of
the same cache directory between several nginx instances.  It
doesn't expect cache files to appear or be changed by another
nginx instance.  If you share cache directory between multiple
nginx instances - weird things will happen, and problem you see is
one of them.