How to take full advantage system memory?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sat Sep 3 08:44:45 UTC 2011

Hello!

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 08:36:31PM -0400, allegro wrote:

> Hi,All:
>
>     My host have a very large physical memory, how to get nginx take
> full advantage of memory as the file system cache?

It's up to your OS to use memory as file system cache.  Depending
on your OS you may need to tune something, see your OS tuning
guides for details.

In nginx you may want to tune various buffer sizes if you have
enough memory, e.g. output_buffers, proxy_buffers, fastcgi_buffers
and so on.  This is not about file system cache, but may reduce
disk load if properly tuned for your typical use pattern.