http_auth_request_module Instructions?

Nginx User nginx at nginxuser.net
Sun Sep 4 22:36:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 10:08:30PM +0300, Nginx User wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Last query on this.
> >
> > The information on the "satisfy" directive in the wiki states that:
> >
> > * all - Both Access *and* Auth Basic directives must grant access to the
> > context
> > * any - Either Access *or* Auth Basic directives grant access to the
> context
> > Is this miss leading? Should it be something like:
> >
> > * all - All access phase handlers must grant access to the context
> > * any - Any access phase handler can grant access to the context
>
> Both versions are right, though first one implicitly assumes you
> are using only standard access modules.

I'll say the first set is technically wrong as it *implies* the directive
only applies to those two modules. The key is in the use of the words "both"
and "either" which imply a sum total of two possibilities.

I edited the wiki to read:

Access policy if directives from multiple access phase handlers, such as the
Access and Auth Basic modules, are defined in a context:
* all - All access phase handlers must grant access to the context
* any - Any access phase handler can grant access to the context

Thanks!