Nginx proxy truncates large file downloads to 1.1G

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Sep 14 07:53:20 UTC 2011

Hello!

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 08:57:28AM +0200, JAZZ F. wrote:

> Even i am facing the same problem but i m yet to figure out the exact
> cause of it.....The disk space seems to be fine.....In my case when
> downloading a file larger than 1G(1.2 GB) it will truncate to 1 GB...

proxy_max_temp_file_size, when reached, causes relative long delay
in reading from upstream server; this may cause timeout on
upstream server, seen as "truncation".

There are 3 possible workarounds:

1. Use smaller proxy_max_temp_file_size to reduce delay in
reading.

2. Use larger proxy_max_temp_file_size to avoid hitting it.

3. Use larger timeout on upstream server.