nginx and tproxy

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Thu Sep 15 15:19:48 UTC 2011

By tproxy you mean transparent proxying as in doing proxy requests from nginx while using clients IP?

It is far more simple to use the Real IP module http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpRealIpModule ( pretty much all webservers (apache -
mod_rpaf / lighttpd - mod_extforward etc)  have such modules in one or another form ) rather than trying to achieve it on TCP level.

And it is also straight forward to implement it in any other backend application.

rr