Socket leaks., pread and [crit] SSL_Write() in 1.0.14

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Apr 2 17:06:37 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 12:15:10PM -0400, Floren Munteanu wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> On 4/2/2012 7:17 AM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> >As already suggested, it whould be cool to check if you see the
> >same problem in 1.1.x.
> >
> >And to proceed further we need debug log, see here:
> >
> >http://wiki.nginx.org/Debugging
> >
> >Note you'll need to recompile nginx with "--with-debug" configure
> >argument to obtain one.
>
> How safe is to put in production a debug built of Nginx?
> I could easily compile a different built, but I'm concerned of
> running this on a live environment as this is where the errors
> occur.

It's safe and only adds minimal overhead on logging level checks
as long as debug log isn't enabled.

Note though that writing debug logs consume extra resources, and
it may be noticeable under high load.  The debug_connection
directive allows to enable debug logging only for selected ip
addresses to minimize impact.