Joomla // Rewrite Url

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Apr 24 18:24:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 01:16:54PM -0400, borgita wrote:

Hi there,

> I have problems in joomla rewrite the url when I'm in another menu that
> is not the main menu.

http://wiki.nginx.org/Joomla links to http://docs.joomla.org/Nginx

Both look "official" enough that it is probably a good idea to start
with the configuration there.

The configuration file you posted looks a lot more complicated.

> Example 1:
> Returns: http://www.xxx.pt/a-minha-area/index.php
> Should give: http://www.xxx.pt

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

There is one specific url that you expect to give one response but in
fact gives another? If you can provide the initial url, it should be
possible to work out from your configuration what nginx will do with it.

"curl" is a very good tool for testing how individual requests are
processed.

Anyway: if you use a configuration more like what the project documents,
do you see the same problems?

Good luck,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org