change the root directory in nginx

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Aug 1 18:33:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 07:02:44AM -0400, sayres wrote:

Hi there,

Every location{} can have a "root" directive.

If a location has a "root" directive, then that is the root for requests
handled in that location.

If a location does not have a "root" directive, then the "root" directive
from the server{} level applies.

If the server{} does not have a "root" directive, then the "root"
directive from the http{} level applies.

If http{} does not have a "root" directive, then the compile-time
default applies.

> Which part I must  add /home/user/web??

I suggest that you remove all of the current "root" directives, and add
your one into the server{} block.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org