Redirect Mobile Users to m.domain.com

yaronycity nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Aug 6 21:22:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a wordpress website http://domain.com. I have created a mobile
version of it and put in "m" folder of that domain. I want all my mobile
users to be redirected to http://m.domain.com where http://m.domain.com
will be using a mobile version of the website located in "m" folder. By
using the below rewrite rules, it does redirect to http://m.domain.com
but it does not display any website from the "m" folder. ( Please help:

-----------------------
server {
  server_name domain.com www.domain.com;
  access_log /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/log/access.log combined
buffer=32k;
  error_log /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/log/error.log;
  root /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public;

  try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php;

  location / {
        index index.html index.htm index.php;
        try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;
    }

	location ^~ /m/index.html {
    rewrite ^/m/(.*) http://m.domain.com/$1 permanent;
}

  # Directives to send expires headers and turn off 404 error logging.
    location ~* \.(js|css|png|jpg|jpeg|gif|ico)$ {
            expires 24h;
            log_not_found off;
    }

  include /usr/local/nginx/conf/staticfiles.conf;
  include /usr/local/nginx/conf/php.conf;
  include /usr/local/nginx/conf/drop.conf;
  #include /usr/local/nginx/conf/errorpage.conf;