trigger a git commit for static site generator

klml nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Aug 9 22:42:30 UTC 2012

Hi Justin,

thank you for this answer

> ... (and can be dangerous IMO):
> x="`tail -f /usr/local/nginx/logs/access.log |grep PUT |sed 's/["]//g'
|awk

using tail on logs for this is very freaky;) but its a thinkable
approach.

To get only PUT requests I used an extra PUT log in the nginx config:

        if ($request_method = PUT) {
            access_log /var/log/nginx/accessPUT.log;
        }

so I dont need to grep.

Unfortunately I dont "get over" the forced tail

x="`tail -f /var/log/nginx/accessPUT.log`";
c="PUT"          //to start an endless loop
while c="PUT";   //
do
echo $x;
 #~ git commit -m "Hello Igor";
done

gave me noting, I expected the lines from the log.

At the moment I use, not-out-of-the-box;(, inotifywait but this works ;)
But I will think more about tail

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/420143/making-git-auto-commit

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,229477,229546#msg-229546