redirect joomla url to dns name

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Dec 4 18:17:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 10:46:58AM -0500, srinivasa.nallapati wrote:

Hi there,

> Actually i am running joomla in httpd server . URL :
> http://192.168.1.203/joomla/;
>
> I want acces this url with name like srinivas.walkingtree.in

If you are happy for the user to see

  http://srinivas.walkingtree.in/joomla/

and what was suggested does not work for you, then please be specific
about what exact configuration you used, what url you tried to access,
what response you got, and what response you expected to get.

Ideally, copy-paste the "curl -i" commands which show the problem.

If you do not want the user to see http://srinivas.walkingtree.in/joomla/,
then some other changes will be needed. Possibly using proxy_redirect
(http://nginx.org/r/proxy_redirect) will help, or possibly some
configuration on the joomla side will be needed to allow it to be hidden
in a subdirectory behind a reverse proxy.

> When i browse srinivas.walkingtree.in .it is working ,if i click any button
> in this appllication , it is redirecting to again
> http://192.168.1.203/joomla/

The first line there is:

  curl -i http://srinivas.walkingtree.in/

and you can compare what you get with what you expect.

The second line is something else. Instead of clicking on a button,
right-click and "copy link location" or "copy shortcut" or do whatever
your browser needs to store the url you are about to access; then paste
that url into the command line

  curl -i <that url>

and again you can compare what you get with what you expect. For example,
you probably don't expect to see the address 192.168.1.203 anywhere in
the response.

Unless you show exactly what you do, what you see, and what you expect
to see; it is difficult for others to offer useful help.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org