Set-Cookie is missing via proxy

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Dec 6 16:02:53 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 04:16:50PM +0100, Isaac Hailperin wrote:

> On 06.12.2012 14:37, Maxim Dounin wrote:
>
> >>Also, at least from the config, the html should not be cached,
> >>right?
> >
> >I don't see anything in the config you provided which will prevent
> >caching.
>
> location ~* \.(jpg|gif|png|css|js)
>         {
>                 try_files $uri @proxy;
>         }
>
>         location @proxy
>         {
>                 proxy_pass http://backend-all-apaches;
>         }
>
>         location /
>         {
>                 proxy_pass http://backend-all-apaches;
>         }
>
> As far as my understanding goes, this will only cache
> jpg|gif|png|css|js files, and send the rest directly to the backend.
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

You are wrong.  It tries to lookup jpg/gif/png/css/js files
directly on the file system as static files, but it's

1) Not cache.  Cache is activated with proxy_cache directive, see
http://nginx.org/r/proxy_cache.

2) Not related to html files you talked about.

3) Not related to the response in question as headers clearly
indicate it was originally returned by Apache (note ETag in Apache
format).

Whether or not the response in question was cached can't be
concluded from the information provided.  Most likely it was as
config says to cache all 200 responses (without cookies) for 60
minutes.

http://nginx.com/support.html