Upload Progress

Sokolov Evgeniy ewgraf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 02:56:01 UTC 2012

Hi!

If you compile your nginx with debug - enable debug logging, restart nginx
and you will see messages from upload module, it is very helpful.

Also read this note
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpUploadProgressModule#track_uploads - "The POST *
must* have a query parameter called *X-Progress-ID"... *If the POST has no
such information, the upload will not be tracked....

2012/12/12 Matt M <h.dudeness at gmail.com>

> Thanks for the response.
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 04:18:01PM -0600, Matt M wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I recently installed http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpUploadProgressModule
> >> with nginx 1.2.6.
> >>
> >> On the client side I have a request coming every second to check on
> >> the upload status. As I watch the access.log I can see all of the
> >> status check requests before the actual file post shows up in the
> >> access log.
> >>
> >> I am wondering if that is normal or should I see the file post show up
> >> in the access log then the status check requests after that?
> >
> > It's normal.  Logging happens after a request processing is
> > complete, after sending the response, and hence status check
> > requests are logged before the file post.
>
> I am curious. The status never gets past "starting" in the progress
> response. Where should I look to try to debug this? I am not very good
> at system admin.

С уважением, Соколов Евгений