Random Internal Server Error

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Dec 13 10:58:28 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 05:49:11PM -0500, mattphi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with my nginx showing totally random Internal Server
> Error.
>
> I'm running gunicorn with nginx as a reverse proxy. My error log (info)
> shows:
>
> "upstream sent too much data while reading upstream" and client x.x.x.x
> closed keepalive connection
>
> nginx version: 1.2.4
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

The "upstream sent too much data" error means your upstream
(backend) server returned incorrect response, with Content-Length
not matching the content returned.  This indicate something wrong
happens on your backend, either in your code or in the
framework/backend server you use, and might result in undefined
behaviour.

http://nginx.com/support.html