UserDir

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Feb 1 17:30:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:31:14AM -0500, Brad Huntington wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm having trouble getting UserDir to work. I think it has something to do
> with the PHP fastcgi options. Can someone please take a look at my
> configuration and double check what I have? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

What's the trouble you're seeing?

GET /~user/file fails? Or GET /file.php fails? Or GET /~user/file.php fails?

> http://pastebin.com/3wRTVXJW

In nginx, each request is handled by exactly one location{} block. Only
the configuration in, or inherited into, that location{} matters.

You have one regex location for .php urls, and one regex location for
"userdir" urls. A single request won't match both of those.

If you can describe your desired url->file mapping, it will likely be
easier to ensure that the nginx.conf matches that.

Good luck,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org