.htaccess issues

Guilherme guilherme.e at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:40:25 UTC 2012

Adrián,

This would fix the problem, but I don't know the directories that has a
.htaccess file with allow/deny.

Example:

Scenario: nginx (cache/proxy) + back-end apache

root at srv1 [~]# ls -a /home/domain/public_html/restrictedimages/
./  ../  .htaccess  image.jpg
root at srv1 [~]# cat /home/domain/public_html/restrictedimages/.htaccess
allow from x.x.x.x
deny from all

In the first access (source IP: x.x.x.x) to
http://domain.com/restrictedimages/image.jpg, nginx proxy request to apache
and cache response. The problem comes in other request from other  IP
address different from x.x.x.x. Nginx deliver the objects from cache, even
if the ip address is not authorized, because nginx doesn't understand
.htaccess.

I would like to bypass cache in this cases, maybe using proxy_cache_bypass,
but I don't know how. Any idea?