using tmpfs

Falko Timme ft at falkotimme.com
Tue Feb 21 12:32:23 UTC 2012

It will reduce your disk I/O a lot.

But I wouldn't place the whole wwwroot dir on tmpfs because everytime you
reboot the contents of tmpfs is gone. Instead, if your web application
allows for caching (like Drupal with the Boost module, WordPress with the W3
TotalCache or WP Super Cache, Typo3 with the nc_staticfilecache extension,
etc.), I'd put the cache onto tmpfs.