502 Bad Gateway - Wordpress

JerW nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Feb 22 20:32:54 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I'm having another issue with my nginx + php-fpm + mysql install. I've
been having a lot of issues today after fixing my previous one and I've
finally decided that I am stumped on this one.

Ok, so I am trying to install WordPress on my server that I have nginx +
php-fpm installed on but every time I navigate to
http://mydomain.com/wp-admin/install.php I recieve an error: 502 Bad
Gateway. I checked out my error logs and I saw this:

2012/02/22 10:02:54 [error] 2801#0: *114 recv() failed (104: Connection
reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client:
m.y.i.p, server: mydomain.com, request: "GET /wp-admin/install.php
HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "mydomain.com"

I have checked to see if php-fpm is running and is listening on port
9000 and it is in fact running and listening. I can view phpinfo() pages
just fine.

I did have my php-fpm set up to listen on a unix socket(?) and it was
doing that so I switched back to TCP and it's still doing it, I receive
the same error for both of them only with the different upstream.

Any help would be greatly appreciate, I've had such troubles today..

Thanks,
Jeremiah!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,222873,222873#msg-222873