a new uWSGI PHP plugin is available

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Fri Feb 24 09:23:22 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

uWSGI has got a new php plugin, allowing you to run php apps at full speed
(read: not in CGI mode) and getting all of the uWSGI features (like
adaptive process spawning and jailing technics).

In addition to this a bunch of uwsgi api functions has been added,
allowing your php apps to interact with other apps hosted in uWSGI.

http://projects.unbit.it/uwsgi/wiki/PHP

The build system on redhat-based distros (fedora, centos...) is very easy,
but for debian/ubuntu you need to rebuild php or use some ppa as debian
(still) does not include the libphp.

In my company, we are using this plugin proxied behind nginx from about 2
weeks without problems. Every report will be wellcomed.

Please, do not ask me to compare it with php-fpm as i have never used it
at a level allowing me to make a fair analysis :(

--
Roberto De Ioris
http://unbit.it