writing an alias to a proxy with no buffering

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Feb 29 19:26:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:13:14PM +0100, Cristiano Belloni wrote:
> On 02/28/2012 07:29 PM, Francis Daly wrote:

Hi there,

> It works, thank you. Can I ask how to translate location /stream0 to
> /stream?s=0

If you mean "the client asks nginx for /stream0 and nginx asks the
proxy_pass host for /stream?s=0", then

  location = /stream0 {
     proxy_buffering off;
     proxy_pass http://unix:/tmp/demo_socket:/stream?s=0;
  }

should work. (But you may see odd things if the client asks for
/stream0?query=string.)

I suspect that you will be better served by advertising the urls that
the proxy_pass host recognises, if that is possible.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org