Uploads with nginx 1.0.12

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Wed Feb 29 21:31:04 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 21:48 +0100, Adrián Navarro wrote:
> Indeed, the high load is caused by php-fpm. I was wondering if there
> was any alternative config to keep fpm from spiking (like, any
> built-in helper to pass the final location without any plugin…).
>

> I will look into the compiled module. I'm not very comfortable with
> compiling it on the cluster of servers which were previously using
> dotdeb, but it's better than nothing (uh, tips to keep the debian
> specific structure when compiling?).

If you are comfortable building .deb packages, you could just rebuild
the .deb with the additional module built in.

Alternatively, you could use the output of "nginx -V" to get a list of
compile-time options and use those when building from source.

In either case, I would make an archive of your /etc/nginx directory
just to be safe.  I'd also strongly suggest doing a test build outside
of your cluster.  In general, building Nginx from source is fairly
simple, but always better to be cautious.

Regards,
Cliff