Trailing slash being removed from document root

freejack nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Jan 4 22:30:42 UTC 2012

Hi all.  We're considering switching from lighttpd to nginx in my
company and so far everything looks good except for one thing I can't
seem to figure out.

When getting the document root in PHP from nginx using this:

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."../".$ZONE."/".$LOCALE...etc......

nginx will always return the path WITHOUT the trailing slash.  I have
the document root configured like this:

root           /home/web/www.site.com/html/; # note the trailing slash

We have way too much code in php that gets the document root without
adding a trailing slash after $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] because lighttpd
and apache before that always had preserved the trailing slash.

How can I configure nginx to keep the slash?

Thanks!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,220811,220811#msg-220811