404 not showing up in error logs (for PHP files)

Ilan Berkner ilan at time4learning.com
Thu Jan 5 23:37:15 UTC 2012

I haven't checked the access logs yet (we have them turned off for now).
 I'm just working through various errors, but I understand what you're
saying.  I'll turn the access logs on and see if I see it in there (I'm
sure I will).

Also thanks to Falko pointing me to the error intercept option, although it
may not be necessary at this time.

Ilan

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 12:05:36PM -0500, Ilan Berkner wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> > When a user enters an invalid php file name they are correctly routed to
> > our default 404.html:
> >
> > try_files $fastcgi_script_name =404;
> >
> > The problem is that the 404 error is not showing up in our error logs.
> >
> > Other 404 errors do show up in our system.
>
> I don't see any 404s in error.log, and I do see all 404s in access.log.
>
> Is that different from what you see, or different from what you expect?
>
> (I do see in error.log where the nginx static file handler logs when it
> fails to open an expected file; but that's distinct from 404 logging.)

> --
> Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org

Ilan Berkner
Chief Technology Officer
Time4Learning.com

6300 NE 1st Ave., Suite 203
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954) 771-0914

<http://www.twitter.com/time4learning> <http://www.facebook.com/Time4Learning>

Time4Learning.com - Online interactive curriculum for home use, PreK-8th
Grade.
Time4Writing.com - Online writing tutorials for high, middle, and
elementary school students.
Time4Learning.net - A forum to chat with parents online about kids,
education, parenting and more.
spellingcity.com - Online vocabulary and spelling activities for teachers,
parents and students.