fastcgi cache bypass empty body

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Fri Jan 6 11:20:38 UTC 2012

On 6 Jan 2012 08h52 WET, anil at saog.net wrote:

> Hi All, currently we are using nginx with fastcgi_cache with php
> backend. For some conditions php returns an empty body (that we can
> not find the cause) but sends some headers and nginx thinks it is
> valid. So it stores the file which results to an empty response for
> upcoming requests.

Perhaps using the embedded Lua module you can capture the response
and, for example, set 'X-Accel-Expires: 0', header for that request or
set a variable that is evaluated by fastcgi_cache_bypass.

then define:

fastcgi_cache_bypass $no_cache;

Check: http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpLuaModule#rewrite_by_lua

--- appa