PHP_ADMIN_VALUE and separate fcgi error_log - are they possible?

nicola sabbi nsabbi at officinedigitali.it
Mon Jan 9 16:20:27 UTC 2012

Hello,
today I setup nginx 1.0.11 with multiple virtual hosts using Zend's CE
spawn-fcgi  as a backend.
All is working fine, but I can't
-propagate php's ADMIN values to the virtualhosts (I tried to add

location ~ \.php$

                {

                        fastcgi_param  PHP_ADMIN_VALUE
"open_basedir=/var/www/mysite
                        include        fastcgi_params;

                }

but a test php page doesn't see the correct value assigned to open_basedir)

-separate fcgi's error_log files, actually I couldn't even locate the file
where the logs are saved.

Can you help me to solve these problems, please?
Thanks.