nginx for windows 64 (not the cygwin)

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Jan 12 13:26:21 UTC 2012

Hello!

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 08:19:53AM -0500, abdelouahabb wrote:

> abdelouahabb Wrote:
> > hi
> > i dont find the windows 64 bits build on the
> > download section, what i've found is only the
> > cygwin version
>
> *Edit: i speak about that because i've a Dell xps 15 to lean nginx with,
> but sadly this is as i found, the most hated laptop from linux! all the
> distro i've tested on it hangs, so i just want to stay on my seven 64
> bits shipped with, and learn nginx without breaking my head about the OS
> and its problems!
> and the distribution (if it exists on win 64 bits) does it have the ssl
> module activated?

There is no separate build available for 64-bit windows, use
32-bit one, it should work (with usual limitations, see
http://nginx.org/en/docs/windows.html).

Alternatively, you may build it yourself as specified here:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/howto_build_on_win32.html

Or use your favorite virtual machine to run nginx under your
favorite *nix variant.