[ANN] ngx_headers_more module v0.16 released!

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:08:05 UTC 2012

Hello, folks!

I'm happy to announce the v0.16 release of our ngx_headers_more module
with various bug fixes accumulated in the last 6 months. You can
download the source code tarball from the download page below:

   http://github.com/agentzh/headers-more-nginx-module/tags

Special thanks go to all of our contributors and users!

Here's the complete change log for this version (as compared to the
last formal release, v0.15):

* bugfix: the on-demand handler/filter registration mechanism did not
work fully for config reload via the HUP signal.

* bugfix: when setting a multi-value response header to a single
value, the single value might be repeated on each old value.

* feature: added some debugging outputs that can be enabled by the
--with-debug option when building nginx or ngx_openresty.

* bugfix: we should set header hash using ngx_hash_key_lc, not simply to 1.

* bugfix: Setting Cache-Control response headers might not work with
other nginx output filter modules because we did not properly prepare
the r->cache_control array at the same time.

* bugfix: more_set_input_headers and more_clear_input_headers did not
handle the Accept-Encoding request headers properly. thanks 天街夜色.

* bugfix: the more_set_input_headers directive might cause invalid
memory reads because Nginx request header values must be null
terminated. thanks Maxim Dounin.

* bugfix: removing builtin headers in huge request headers with 20+
entries could result in data loss. thanks Chris Dumoulin for the patch
in github issue #6.

You may want to check out the HTML version of this change log here,
which should look better:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpHeadersMoreModule#v0.16

The ngx_headers_more module allows you to add, set, or clear any
output or input header that you specify. This is an enhanced version
of the standard headers module because it provides more utilities like
resetting or clearing "builtin headers" like Content-Type,
Content-Length, and Server.

You can always get the latest source code from its project page on GitHub

   http://github.com/agentzh/headers-more-nginx-module

and the full documentation from the nginx wiki

   http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpHeadersMoreModule

This module is included and enabled by default in our ngx_openresty
bundle: http://openresty.org

Enjoy!
-agentzh