Upstream with multiple request reply

Bertrand Paquet bpaquet at octo.com
Mon Jan 16 20:40:26 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to write an upstream which have to do multiple request / reply
with backend, for one frontend request.

Currently,
- I'm writing first request to backend in create_request handler, write
data into r->upstream->request_bufs, and returning NGX_OK
- Nginx call me on process_header. I can read data from
r->upstream->buffer. I can loop on process_header if I return NGX_AGAIN.
But I'm not able to send more data to backend. I try to add buffer in
r->upstream->request_bufs, in r->upstream->request_bufs->next, nothing work.

Anybody know how to send data to backend in the process_header callback ?

Regards,

Bertrand