Reading from a named pipe / fifo

Max nginxyz at mail.ru
Sat Jan 21 16:28:15 UTC 2012

 21 января 2012, 02:21 от Brian Akins : > nginx can http proxy to a unix socket. (as well as fastcgi, uwsgi, etc). So > could the other app provide the data that way? With a fifo, you'd need a > way to specify when to stop reading, so you may as well use a known > protocol. Unfortunately, the other app can provide the data only through a fifo and there's no easy way to change it due to licensing, so writing a fifo module for nginx would be the easier and cleaner solution. Igor and other developers, could you please give me a few tips to help me get started with the development of the fifo module? Thank you, Max