Nginx causing high IO

Ian M. lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Jan 22 18:53:56 UTC 2012

DavidJS wrote in post #1041997:
> Which video sharing platform do you have? We are building a massive
> network down in miami to serv a few million cable boxes at a time. glad
> to help out if i can.
> Whats the hardware looking like for the server?

Hello David,

The hardware is the following.

E3-1270, 8GB Ram and 2x2TB HDD Raid 0 all over gbit connection.

We are using a custom built perl script for this. It was working nicely
before on our old servers. Any ideas? I don't see anything obvious in
your configs that could help me. I know your workers are pretty high but
in my case I don't need that many. This is very frustrating because I'm
seeing poor performance because of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)