Nginx Module Non-blocking event

arosolino nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Jul 2 14:38:26 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I just finished my module for nginx. Now I am going through and fixing
any problems that may arise. My module is currently using the shared
memory to store IPs received into an rbtree. Then after so many IPs are
stored it sends these IPs via libcurl to a third party site for review.

I got this all working fine, no problem. However an issue arises if the
third party site is experiencing lag, as it will lag the person who
initiated the request. I want the libcurl process to be handled
separately from the user connection. What should I be looking at to
achieve this?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,228173,228173#msg-228173