nginx high active connections

tahseen nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Jul 14 16:05:11 UTC 2012

So situation is this. nginx takes the incoming request and then passes
it on to Tomcat, which is running a servlet. The servlet responses back
to nginx and at the same time does logging of various request
information via JMS

Now nginx definitely is capable of handling high requests.

I increased Tomcat threadpool value from 500 to 2,000 and made heapsize
4GB

JMSMaxConnections was set to 10 and JMSMaxActiveConnections was set to
5

I made them 100 and 50 respectively. After that it drastically reduced
nginx active connections

But my questions is have I done justice to JMS connection values? Aren't
they suppose to be more? LIke 500 or so

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,228238,228589#msg-228589