reverse proxy an apache who forces ssl

Isaac Hailperin i.hailperin at heinlein-support.de
Wed Jul 18 12:25:11 UTC 2012

On 07/18/2012 11:46 AM, Reinis Rozitis wrote:
> It's the problem on backend then - it doesn't (want to) talk ssl, at
> least on that particular IP/port.
Yes, that was the problem. The apache was configured to speak https on
port 45600. So I changed my backend definition acordingly, and things
worked!

Thank you very much for your guidance!

Not directly related, but just for the record:
The site contains a login, which needed a
proxy_set_header Host $host;
in the location section with the proxy_pass in order to work.

> If you test with browser it might (out of thin air) not complain about
> the site not actually being SSL or the apache does some sort of redirect
> before actually landing on the real SSL (virtual)host.
Yes, there is a loadbalancer, which did the port changing bevore the
request came to apache.

Isaac