How to change the root for testing

Ian Hobson ian at ianhobson.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 08:15:24 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I want to change the root for location /testing.
How can I do this?

This is what I have in the middle of this server stanza, yet the testing
reseller is served from the live root. :(

     index index.php index.html index.htm;
     root /home/ian/websites/coachmaster/htsecure;
     # move root for testing reseller
     location /testing {
        root /home/ian/websites/coachmaster/testing;
     }
     # take resellers off the front of path to rs=reseller param
     rewrite ^/(kaleidoscope|chat|Spanish|3MCoach|testing)(.*)$ $2?rs=$1
last;
     # php to fastcgi
     location ~ \.php$ {
         fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
         fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
         fastcgi_param  HTTPS ON;
         include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
     }

I was actually hoping to switch the root on a per-reseller basis,
perhaps by testing for a file I can "touch" or delete to switch to the
new configuration, but I can't think how to do that.

Thanks
Ian

(Sorry if this is a duplicate - the first did not appear).