Client browser is not receiving response from server and remains waiting for it.

Ian Hobson ian at ianhobson.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 09:02:57 UTC 2012

Hi Matias,

This sounds to me very similar to a problem I have been having recently
with the latest version of Chrome under Windows 7 64 bit.

For me it was an XMLHTTPRequest would be sent, logged at the server as
completed, but no reply received.

I an sure it is an intermittent bug in Chrome, but I have been unable to
reliably reproduce it.

Ian

On 27/07/2012 22:35, Matias Montenegro wrote:
> Hello, I'm having weird a problem with nginx.
>
> Sometimes, when I try to access the pages of my dedicated server from
> my browser, I receive no response. My browser remains waiting with no
> stop (there is no timeout).
>
> I have a dedicated server, with 2 virtual machines. One of them, acts
> as a reverse proxy (with nginx), and the other one, acts as a
> webserver (nginx too).
> I'm tailing the logs. When It happens, logs looks like this:
> 201.235.64.64 - icarabantes [27/Jul/2012:04:01:16 +0400] "GET
> /admin/notification HTTP/1.1" 200 2287 "http://matweb.com/admin/"
> "Mozilla/5.0
>  (X11; Linux i686; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0"
> It throws a 200 response, but my browser has never received it.
>
> The most annoying thing it's that it happens eventually, and then
> after many retrials it comes back...
> Any ideas???
>

> --
> Matias

Ian Hobson
31 Sheerwater, Northampton NN3 5HU,
Tel: 01604 513875
Preparing eBooks for Kindle and ePub formats to give the best reader experience.