Jmeter Nginx Stress Test Error Rate Higher

rahmanusta nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jul 31 15:11:36 UTC 2012

I have a JSF web application runs on Glassfish Application Server. I'm
using Nginx with reverse proxing to Glassfish. I wanna see performance
gains with Nginx, i'm testing application with JMeter. When i directly
test the application on glassfish, there ise no error count. But, when i
tested the application via Nginx response contains a lot of error count
approx. %80. I changed some time out in nginx configuration file then no
thing changed.

My Nginx Conf file;

worker_processes  3;
worker_rlimit_nofile 1024;
worker_priority -6;

events {
    multi_accept on;
    worker_connections  1024;
}

http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

    sendfile        on;

    keepalive_timeout 120m ;

    server {
        listen       8070;
        server_name  localhost;
        root "html";

        location ~* \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico)$ {
        access_log off;
        expires max;
        }

        location / {

        access_log off;

        proxy_pass http://localhost:8080/; >> to Glassfish port

        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_read_timeout 120m;
        proxy_connect_timeout 120m;

        }

        error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
            root   html;

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,229146,229146#msg-229146