Memory consumption in case of huge number of configs

dparshin nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Jun 18 19:47:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

I noticed following behavior of nginx recently, everything I describe
here is related to the case when we have huge number of configuration
files(> 1000). Once nginx is started it occupies more than 100MB of
memory, memory is not freed on fork. That is expected behavior but the
weird thing happens on configuration reload, once HUP signal is sent,
master process doubles occupied memory size, if reload is repeated
memory consumption stays the same, so it looks like memory is not reused
in process of reload, instead new pool is created, which leads to the
waste of memory.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,227668,227668#msg-227668